I'm getting repeatable freezes on the Octopus, you probably already know about it but it's when I have a non playing page in page view, toggle it to play then solo it. CE v5.
I've not yet been able to replicate this bug, can you be more specific about your key presses leading up to the freeze?
1. Is the sequencer playing when you enter page view of the non playing page
2. How are you activating the page to play (holding Mode Page Button & clicking TGL ?)
3. How are you activating the page to play Solo (holding Mode Page Button & clicking SOL ?)
4. Are any other concurrent pages playing (how many?).
5. Is there a playing page in the same bank as the page being activated
6. What is the current page Edit State & the current Grid Edit State
7. Are Page Clusters activated on the bank of the page to be activated (& if so if the page being activated part of the same cluster)
Any other info you can think of that may be relevant.
As with all these things I can't replicate it now, but if it does happen again I'll refer to your list. Thanks.
I just experienced something very strange and similar. My Octopus was crashing when I hit play under certain conditions, totally reproducible. I first thought that some NAND memory was somehow corrupt and was messing with the code instructions so I reinstalled the OS. Crash was still happening. I cleared the grid, saved, tried a bunch of other stuff but the crash was still happening. Then I thought, okay, I know the restart button affects the power but I remember the old internet router customer support adage, "turn it off, wait 30 seconds, then turn it on again". Instead of using the restart button, I turned the power switch off/on. The machine came back and the freeze problem was gone.
My best guess is that some RAM was corrupt, maybe caused by my v6 code, and the power off allowed the bad blocks to zero out. Maybe this is why you can't reproduce.