Topic starter  

Wishing you a happy new year sequencing! 😀 

Eric
 Eric
(@eellis)
Member Admin

Hi Wilson,

Happy new year! 

I was going to email you and Jean, but now that we have the forums... I had some time over the break to fix all of the outstanding bugs related to Octopus Solo Recording. I'm sure other things will come up but I do think it can be called Beta at this point. I'm in no rush but I think the next steps are to decide whether there should be a v5.25 release, or whether we should incorporate everything into v6.0 a.k.a Cuttlefish. Then we can talk about asking a small group to install the release candidate (RC) for beta testing prior to the general acceptance (GA) release. I'll start another topic for this later. I just wanted to let you know what's going on in this part of the reef.

BTW - I've been working on a studio project this week to detach my mixing/mastering Jamstand from the wall so that I can pull it out and move it around the room. I bought a 1/4" patch bay and a 24 channel 10' snake cable. The patch bay is now connected to the wall behind the Jamstand with a 2U vertical rack. A really nice unintended consequence is that I can use the half-normal setting on the patch bay to split a second TRS snake to a second recorder, to simultaneously record unmixed stems alongside my master - neat! I've never recorded stems but if I ever do work with a mastering engineer, I'm sure that person will hate me if I just hand over "my" master at full volume. Radio edit, remix, archiving, etc.

Cheers,

Eric

ReplyQuote
handsfelloff
(@wilson)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@eellis

Hey thanks Eric for your efforts bug fixing on O-Solo. I was thinking along similar lines also for a near future Oct/Nemo release.   In the short term as you say it seems we have the v5.25 almost ready to roll out.  This would be the core fixes and a handful of nifty workflow features (cluster selection, drum control and OTM).  I picked up the baton again (to finish some bits) with further OTM fixes and enhancements discussed late last year. Anyway, its mostly there; latest is we inc. support for x10 OTM operations to account for the max concurrent pages (oh I need to put in GridTrack support).

I guess Cuttle Fish RC should come either the same time or shortly after.  Jean was recommending an essential part of SoloRec for a Nemo port, which would be nice, (where possible) to keep the instruments in core feature sync...and I would be happy to look at when time allows.  Jean came up with some neat features also, which I can merge in after the fixes/enhancements are done and dusted.

Liking the sound of you studio project.  yeah with all your outboard gear a patchbay really come into its own.  I could do with doubling mine up. My dogs basket is between me and my patchbay, which requires some acrobatics so..maybe I should think about doing the same... 🤔 

Cheers,

Wilson

This post was modified 4 years ago by handsfelloff

ReplyQuote
Share: